F# Add-in Now Part of SharpDevelop 3.0 Beta 1

Lately I’ve been working on integrating F# into the open source IDE SharpDevelop. I’m pleased to announce that this has been released as part of SharpDevelop 3.0 beta 1. See the screen shots below to get an idea of the look and feel:

All you need to is install F# and install SharpDevelop and it all should just work - a big improvement on the old installation process. The integration is still far from finished, but I’ve been “dogfooding” away and feel I’m making pogress, expect to see more improvements in beta2!

Bookmark
dotnetkicks+, digg+, reddit+, del.icio.us+, dzone+, facebook+

Print | posted @ Thursday, February 21, 2008 10:00 PM

Comments on this entry:

Gravatar # re: F# Add-in Now Part of SharpDevelop 3.0 Beta 1
by Mike Gale at 2/21/2008 10:41 PM

This is a very worthwhile thing to do. My thanks and respect for the time and effort you've taken to do this.

I don't currently use SharpDevelop very often, though it has some tools which are important (i.e. language conversion). It is on the outskirts of my thinking though, it seems to me that Boo could be worth exploring!

In the long term how will the project be maintained?
Gravatar # re: F# Add-in Now Part of SharpDevelop 3.0 Beta 1
by Andrei Pamula at 2/23/2008 12:10 AM

thank you very much.
Gravatar # re: F# Add-in Now Part of SharpDevelop 3.0 Beta 1
by Robert Pickering at 2/23/2008 12:53 PM

In the long term the project will be maintain by me and the rest of the SharpDevelop devs, indeed there's still quite a lot of work to do to make it really usable, but I'm progressing slowly but surely.

If anyone else is interested in volunteering the help would certainly be welcome.
Gravatar # re: F# Add-in Now Part of SharpDevelop 3.0 Beta 1
by Gaurav at 2/23/2008 7:46 PM

Thx
F# just rocks...
Gravatar # re: F# Add-in Now Part of SharpDevelop 3.0 Beta 1
by zproxy at 2/23/2008 8:07 PM

Keep up the good work :)

Your comment:

(Note: all comments are moderated so it may take sometime to appear)

Title: