#Develop, F# and Google Summer of Code

A few days ago Chris Wille, the man behind #Develop contacted me to say that #Develop had been accepted on the Google summer of code scheme. Essentially Google summer of code means that Google will pay CS students to spend their summer writing code for open source projects. Chris told me one area they are interested in extending is the F# integration into #Develop; particularly they’d like to get the auto-completion working. So if you’re a CS student on the lookout for a summer job, you could end up being paid by Google to work on F#! Contact me if you are interested.

Bookmark
dotnetkicks+, digg+, reddit+, del.icio.us+, dzone+, facebook+

Print | posted @ Wednesday, March 24, 2010 8:43 PM

Comments on this entry:

Gravatar #  Twitter Trackbacks for #Develop, F# and Google Summer of Code [strangelights.com] on Topsy.com
by Pingback/TrackBack at 3/25/2010 2:10 AM

Twitter Trackbacks for

#Develop, F# and Google Summer of Code
[strangelights.com]
on Topsy.com
Gravatar # The Morning Brew - Chris Alcock » The Morning Brew #567
by Pingback/TrackBack at 3/25/2010 8:08 AM

The Morning Brew - Chris Alcock » The Morning Brew #567
Gravatar # Social comments and analytics for this post
by uberVU - social comments at 3/25/2010 6:20 PM

This post was mentioned on Twitter by robertpi: Just blogged, #Develop, F# and Google Summer of Code: http://bit.ly/cfWo6e
Gravatar # re: #Develop, F# and Google Summer of Code
by Kostia at 3/26/2010 4:38 PM

It's very interesting proposition. I can try. Can I send to you my cv ? or what you want ?
Gravatar # F# Discoveries This Week 03/26/2010
A ton of new posts this week, far too many to enumerate.  My “Favorite New F# Blogger of the Week”
Gravatar # re: #Develop, F# and Google Summer of Code
by Robert Pickering at 3/31/2010 7:44 AM

Yes, send a CV or description of yourself and I'll foward it to the #Developer people, who will be the ones making the decision. I should warn you that we have already had a number of strong candidates.

Your comment:

(Note: all comments are moderated so it may take sometime to appear)

Title: